Tuesday 26 March 2013

Rimmel Apocalips - Celestial Review



I have being hearing so much about Rimmel's recent lip product 'Apocolips' so I figured I just had to pick a shade up to see what all the hype was about. After much debate down the Rimmel aisle of my local Boots I settled for 'Celestial' (mainly for the name) which is a gorgeous pink raspberry colour.
If you have never tried out or owned a lip lacquer before they are basically the combination of a lipstick, a gloss and a stain, so what you get with this product is the high pigmentation of a lipstick, the longevity of a stain and the finish of a gloss; the best of three worlds.
 


 
 
I am such a sucker for the packaging of products (it's why I choose Innocent smoothie's over Tesco's own every time) so I fell in love with the crystalline effect lid of this lip lacquer; I also love how all the shades are named after galactic things. I was quite sceptical of this product at first because I was worried it might be too sticky on the lips which is the reason I tend not to wear a lot of gloss because I just don't like the feel of it, however thankfully for me the texture of Celestial is just right; it's not sticky but you do get a lovely satin finish. I have been wearing this lacquer pretty much non-stop since I purchased it and every time it has lasted 5-6 hours even after eating and drinking so it's definitely not one of these products that you need to constantly reapply to achieve the full effect.
 
 
I really, really like the colour of 'Celestial' and I think it is just the right amount of colour for everyday wear, I also really liked 'Luna' which is a beautiful peachy coral colour that I think I will certainly be purchasing on my next trip to Boots or Superdrug. I think Rimmel's Apocolips will probably become my next beauty obsession and at £5.99 a pop you can't really go wrong!
 
Rimmel Apocolips in 'Celestial'
 
Have you tried out Apocolips? What do you think? What are your favourite shades?
 
 
Love Amy xx

6 comments:

  1. Nice (:

    http://crudessence.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi dear! while browsing I came acrosse your blog..and I must say I love it! great post!!i love the shade its look great on you... would you be interested in following each other via Gfc and Bloglovin? I always return the follow..let me know :)
    http://signaturechic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi:) aw that's so lovely thank you! I have followed you on both; your outfit posts are amazing!

      Amy xx

      Delete
  3. hi again! thank you for following me..i am now following you via bloglovin (I don't see gfc)
    kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, yeah it won't let me add GFC to my blog for some reason :/ which is a bit annoying!

      amy x

      Delete

Thanks for all your lovely comments, they never fail to make me smile. I always check out every blog so please leave your links! :D xx

Past Posts.