Friday 12 July 2013

IT'S FRIDAY. I'M IN LOVE # 5

Part five of my weekly Friday favourites. As I type this post I am sat basking in the wonderful summer heat in my back garden, ahh thank god it's my day off so this precious sun won't be wasted. Anyway let's get on with what I've been loving this week...

HERE COMES THE SUMMER
Yup, the sun and the warmth are one of my main favourites this week and I know it seems like us Brits are continuously debating and discussing the weather but when it's this nice then I am going to partake in such tradition.

SCOTT PILGRIM vs. THE WORLD

Oh my, did I fall in love with this film it is just the perfect mix. Michael Cera (one of my fave actors) + quirky geeky awkward comic book coolness = heaven. I am utterly ashamed of myself of not having watched this film until this week







MY HOMEMADE BREAKFAST BURGER
So I got home from work one day this week and all I wanted to eat was stodge so I combined my two favourite meals - breakfast and chicken burgers to create the breakfast burger mmm. All you need is some baked beans, crispy bacon, a fried egg, two chicken burgers and a breadcake and voila: c'est heaven in a breadcake. Oh and don't forget the onion rings! Trust me this is really good comfort food.









REKORDERLIG STRAWBERRY AND LIME CIDER.
Oh yes, this is my summertime drink it tastes divine and it's strawberry and lime: my favourite combination. 


Since I am a self-confessed TV addict I thought I'd share with you some of my highlights from this week.
LUTHER- My favourite detective show because it is such a high octane thriller that actually made me perch upon the end of my sofa when I watched it this week.  
SKINS: FIRE PART II - The concluding part to Effy's story and I was not disappointed. It made me cry and laugh and just be all round marveled at the filming, the script and the acting.
GEORDIE SHORE - Okay maybe I shouldn't admit this one but I can't help but love it. Yes it is trash TV at its worst (well in my eyes best) but lemme tell you once you start watching it you get hooked and you actually care about whether Gaz and Charlotte should be together or not. 
PhoneShop - I have just finished watching series 1 & 2 on 4od in preparation for series 3 to arrive. I wouldn't say it is a must watch show but it is still plenty likable and perfect bath time viewing. 

NOW FOR SOME EAR CANDY...

This is such a hauntingly beautiful song and it is the perfect soundtrack to accompany some of my inner-thought moments when I am walking and pretending to be in a film. 
This was the free iTunes download of the week and sometimes these can be a bit hit and miss but this song I really like. It feels dark and moody but the beat makes you want to dance, possibly in slow motion under the strobes.
I put this on the other day and I’ve had it on repeat ever since. I really like re-listening to songs I haven’t heard for a bit. This EP is a collection of songs that are superbly written and delivered, and the lyrics really mean a lot to me.
A blast form the past but their tracks still sound as fresh today and I've been liking this track in particular this past week.
ARCTIC  MONKEYS - DO I WANNA KNOW? Okay yes this track was on my It's Friday. I'm In Love a week or so back but I cannot stop listening to it. It is poetry in a pop song. 'Nuff said. 


RIMMEL OXFORD ST. FUCHSIA
This is the lippy I threw into my handbag this week and I have to say I have been loving it a lot. It is part of the Rimmel Moisture Renew family which is my favourite formula of lipsticks and it is this really gorgeous slightly bubblegum pink on the lips (although it looks more of a muted rose pink in the bullet). I think it's really fun and cute to wear in the daytime because you still get that pop of colour without it being too 'woah' and in your face. I found this lipstick for 99p in my local Boyes store but you can get them from eBay here for as cheap as chips!





Okay so I guess that would be a wrap on this edition of my Friday favourites so I am gonna go kick back in the sunshine with an ice cold fruit cider, yumyum. Hope you are all well!

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN LOVING THIS PAST WEEK?



4 comments:

  1. i watched SCOTT PILGRIM vs. THE WORLD recently
    such a weird yet funny and cool film!

    great post :)

    Victoria Sanusi - Just Writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was my thoughts on it exactly!
      thankyou :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. I really like this post! make sure you keep posting, i will definately like reading them :')

    xxx now following you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments, they never fail to make me smile. I always check out every blog so please leave your links! :D xx

Past Posts.