Monday 19 August 2013

OOTD: five letters in my eyes.


So I fell in love with this tartan dress when I saw it on the lovely Charlie from LurchHoundLoves here and thus snapped it up immediately. If you didn't know this already then the whole Tartan thing is gonna be in this A/W so I bought this in anticipation. I love tartan because it is so very versatile, you can style it grunged up or punky or you can go clean cut preppy or heritage style. Plus since I'm 1/8th Scottish I figured I'd fly the flag of my ancestry.  



CARDI - Topshop (via eBay) / DRESS - So In Fashion

This dress is only £15 from So In Fashion and there is a 10% off code for first orders! I've never used this online store before but I think I will again, the delivery time was so quick and the quality of the dress is excellent. 


SATCHEL - H&M


I love the fit of the dress, on me it is a loose skater style fit and the length is just perfect for me.

SUNGLASSES - Primark / NECKLACE - Topshop (sale)

I might've kinda sorta nicked these sunnies from my dad but they suit me way more than they did him, plus they only cost him 50p from Primark so...now they're mine! 


BRACELET - Miss Selfridge / WATCH - eBay

Just the usual selection of arm and hand candy.


RINGS (l-r) - Vintage, Topshop, Miss Selfridge, eBay, Kukee, Topshop / NAILS - Revlon ' Royal'

'Scuse the chipped nails but I have a habit of picking my nails when I'm bored. Navy nails look pretty cool with this dress because of the navy tones running through it. 

SOCKS - Primark / BOOTS - Office

I chose these navy socks just to compliment the blue tones of this outfit and just to draw the whole thing together. Again I'm wearing my 'cowboy spur' boots but since the weather is cooler again I figured that boots are acceptable. 

As always I hope you are all well and please remember to follow me on bloglovin here if you haven't already! What do you think of the tartan trend? The lyrics in the post title are taken from Swim Deep's Red Lips I Know.





10 comments:

  1. That is such a gorgeous dress. I am definitely in to the vintage-esque style. I really like how you put a grungy twist to it. Absolutely fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous dress! so easy to style for both winter and summer! X x

    whyemilia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the dress, so so pretty, i might make a cheeky purchase :)xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this dress, I might have to go and purchase it myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look amazing in this tartan dress, its like it was made for you!
    and your nails are such a lovely colour!
    p.s. I love swimdeep :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bag!

    GIveaway
    http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/2013/08/giveaway-with-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so beautiful Look and so loving style
    http://femensleatherjackets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this look, and really love your dress!
    Rachelx
    http://vintagedeer.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heyy, I just nominated your blog for the Liebster Award.
    Check out all the details here http://glitterland-blog.blogspot.com/2013/08/liebster-award-discover-new-blogs.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww thanks for the mention hun - you look gorgeous! I am actually wearing mine today :)

    Charlie xx
    www.lurchhhoundloves.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments, they never fail to make me smile. I always check out every blog so please leave your links! :D xx

Past Posts.