Friday 14 June 2013

IT'S FRIDAY. I'M IN LOVE #2

My second Friday favourites post (so far so good). So what have been my favourite things this week? Let's find out:


WHATE HAVE I BEEN WATCHING? Dates. A creation of Brian Elsey (skins, shameless) as part of Channel 4's Mating Season. Dates is a series of linked but separate mini-dramas about the blind dates of potential couples who have met via online dating. It is beautifully filmed, scripted and acted and it really is just a pleasure to watch because the cast are sublime and it feels so natural. I can't wait for it to continue next Tuesday. Watch it on 4oD here!

NAILS? Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Prickly Pear. I love this colour, it is the perfect shade of lilac for me with the added bonus of the gelly hi-shine finish. I have to admit though that as delicious as the shade is the name certainly is not - Prickly Pear? What are they and are they even lilac? Still, this nail varnish will be a summer staple for me.




CRUMBLED ROLO COOKIE ICE CREAM - Oh yes, the most simple dessert ever. All you need is some ice-cream (just basic vanilla) and some Rolo cookies (or any other kind - it is just as delicious with white choc chip) then you simply crumble your cookie over the ice-cream et viola deliciousness in a bowl!


SONG? Jagwar Ma - The Throw (listen here) This was the free iTunes download this week! I fell in love with this song about halfway through my first listen because it is so euphoric and summery. Jagwar Ma are a duo from Sydney and this particular song inspires the loose limbed style of dance made infamous by bands of that early-90's Madchester scene. I'm pretty pleased I found out about this band and it will definitely be getting a lot of play this summer.

THIS DRESS FROM ASOS. Oh yes, I have found my perfect every day summer dress for £17.50! It is a smock style which I think suits my body shape plus it's tie dye which I like a lot for the summer months.



THIS WEEK I HAVE BEEN READING - A Certain Age by Rebecca Ray. This is another re-read for me and it is of a similar nature to last week's book The Adults by Alison Espach. It is basically a coming of age novel about a fourteen year old girl as she deals with her relationships, alcohol, drugs, sex, self image and emotional and sexual abuse. It is quite a hard read but it feels natural and although the subject matter is extreme (fourteen year old having sex with a 27 year old man) it is still relatable and there is quite a bit of humour in it albeit dark. This is actually one of my favourite books just because it is so well written and does stay with you once read. This is from a child's perspective and does contain graphic language and imagery so if your not comfortable with that kind of thing then probably don't read it.  


JUMPSUITS. I need one! How cute are jumpsuits, you can dress 'em up or down and they are just instant style. I think they are a great alternative to skirts. shorts and dresses in the summer and I am now on the hunt to find my perfect one.

SOAP&GLORY SUGAR CRUSH BODY WASH. This smells so bloody good. It smells like sugar and lime and just general loveliness. It's a fresh scent for summer and SOAP&GLORY body washes last me quite a number of months. 



GETTING MY HAIR DONE. My hair is successfully dip-dyed / ombred now. Before it was just the bottom of my underneath layers that were bleached and it never properly blended in with the rest of my hair, but now my lovely hairdresser has blended all my hair in with a light caramel brown. 


MAOM SWEETS. Mmmmm. I have demolished a bag of the chews and these are all that is left of the three bags bought yesterday...oops!

 


So what have you been loving this past week?

love amy xx 

10 comments:

  1. your hair looks gorgeous! and rolo cookie and icecream may just be the best idea i have ever heard!

    bec X
    honeythumb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou my dear :) mmm it is you should try it!

      xx

      Delete
  2. this is my fave nail colour.

    cute blog.

    www.timewithtiffany.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd really like to try the Barry M polishes! Oh and the Soap & Glory body wash! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that colour nail varnish, but agree with you about the name. Not appealing at all

    becominghugo.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is so pretty, haha i'm glad it's not just me!

      xx

      Delete

Thanks for all your lovely comments, they never fail to make me smile. I always check out every blog so please leave your links! :D xx

Past Posts.