Tuesday 11 June 2013

RIMMEL PRECIOUS STONES 'DIAMOND DUST' REVIEW

 
I purchased this shade a month or so back from Asos but I only properly tried it out last week. For me this polish took 3 coats to build up a solid colour and since it is quite slow drying it was quite a long process. Diamond Dust is a sapphire blue with a grey undertone and flecks of holographic sparkle to it which is a really beautiful colour in the bottle.
 
.
 Rimmel Precious Stones in 001 'Diamond Dust'
 
  I bought this polish because I thought it would be a stunning sparkly shade however it dries matte which somewhat dulls down the colour which did disappoint me a bit. If like me you don't like this muted finish then use a high shine top coat to finish the look. Another flaw of this polish for me was the texture, once the nail paint is dry it has quite a gritty finish which feels almost like grains of sand (again, nothing a top coat won't fix). The removal of this nail polish was a right pain in the arse; I practically used one cotton pad per nail and it took bloody ages!

 
 So all in all I wasn't too impressed with this Rimmel nail polish but then I'm not a fan of matte nails but it is a very pretty colour. I will definitely be trying it with both an undercoat and a topcoat.
 
 
Have you tried the Precious Stones range? / Did you like it? / Are you a fan of Rimmel nail varnishes?
 
love amy xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi, great post :)

    Please check out my recent posts & giveaway?

    http://terriface01.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's looks lovely! Think I'm gonna have to treat myself to that it's sooooo pretty!
    Ace blog, now following :)
    Jess xo

    jessicacottonxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really pretty but it's going to be hard to remove. Ahhh... glittery nail polishes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing lovely information about Heart Shaped Diamonds with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments, they never fail to make me smile. I always check out every blog so please leave your links! :D xx

Past Posts.