Saturday 11 May 2013

OOTD: day's drift into one, its so pretty.

 
 
Another OOTD. I'm calling this look sophisticated grunge with just a hint of festival chic. The sophisticated is the skirt, the grunge is everything else and the hint of festival chic is my floral headband.
 
 
PENCIL SKIRT - asos  (sold out) / MICKEY MOUSE TIGHTS - Primark / SOCKS - Primark / BOOTS - Doc Martens.
 
I have been wearing a lot of longer styled skirts recently which is something that I wouldn't have even contemplated last year. Previously I was more of a bodycon mini-skirt kind of gal but I haven't worn anything ultra tight and short for ages, and if I do wear short skirts then they are either A-line or skater style. I think the style of skirts I wear now are down to the fact that I am more comfortable with myself now, were as before my short skirts were compensating for my lack of confidence.
 
FLORAL HEADBAND - DIY / LIPS - Rimmel 'Sloane Plum' / POLO NECK CROP - eBay
 
I went for the dark lip and yes I know I should be embracing a brighter lip shade now it is technically the spring but I couldn't resist this gorgeous plum Rimmel shade as it adds to the whole grungy vibe. I got this lipstick for 99p from Boyes, so if you live in the UK definitely check out Boyes stores because they do sell a lot of discontinued make-up and discount prices!
 
 
 CARDIGAN - Topshop / LONG CROSS NECKLACE - Dorothy Perkins
 
 'Single' Bracelet - eBay / Spiked band - Dorothy Perkins (sale) / Turquoise & Sliver - birthday gift / Gold Skulls - asos (sale) / watch - my mum's
 
I know it's not always the done thing but I always like to mix and match gold and silver jewellery just because I hate being to 'matchy-matchy' with my accessories because it can sometimes look to heavy.
 
(lyrics in post title? KASABIAN - WEST RYDER SILVER BULLET)
 
Hope you are all well!
 
love amy xx
 

28 comments:

  1. ah i love your outfit : ) the pencil skirt looks awesome on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this look, I'm really getting into skirts myself! They can be so versatile.
    If you have a spare moment I would really appreciate it if you had a look at my blog http://sazual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the headband! I'm also looking for some advice on what to treat myself too, I'd love it if you'd help me out by checking out my Wishlist haha!

    claresloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the entire outfit! Especially the headband! Feel free to check out my blog and maybe we could follow each other? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your outfit, especially the head piece x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou dear, they are actually pretty simple to make :)

      Delete
  6. lovely outfit, love the skull bracelet x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou, it was a bargain in the asos sale!

      Delete
  7. you look beaut, love your jewellery too. thanks for visiting my page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this combo - especially the jewelry choices!

    I'm a new follower and am so glad I discovered your blog! Would love for you to check mine out :)

    - Kathleen
    http://www.fashionablelaughter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lovely,
      it really means a lot to hear that and I certainly will :) x

      Delete
  9. love the cardigan, dear! xoxo

    http://yuliasi.blogspot.ru/
    love, Yulia

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite thing is the flower crown, I love the colors!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely outfit! Your floral crown is gorgeous x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look amazing! Great location for your photos too! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much my dear :) I quite like living near the countryside sometimes !

      xx

      Delete
  13. great blog :)


    http://louloren.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely outfit and photos (: i love your bracelets.

    http://laurathroughthelens.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments, they never fail to make me smile. I always check out every blog so please leave your links! :D xx

Past Posts.